How to utilize the local materials to produce fish feeds in Nigeria
Nigeria is blessed with over 13, 000km² of water surface which a good percent-age could be turned to gold mines if the right feeds could be produced to meet aquaculture and cage culture development.
Raw materials available for fish feed pellets in NigeriaThere are abundant materials that can be regularly used in the formulation of fish feed pellets in Nigeria. Their usage is standardized and widely acceptable. Many of these are cheap and readily available in very large quantity. They are usually agro- industrial by-products. Examples include wheat bran, groundnut cake and rice bran. Some are animal based (for example, fish meal, blood meal, shrimp meal), whereas others are plant based (for example, maize, soya bean meal, cotton seed meal). Generally these materials are relatively cheap and available throughout the year in Nigeria. For detailed and balanced formulation of fish feed pellets in Nigeria, please visit LIMA fish feed machine which will provide technical formula for making floating fish feed pellets in Nigeria.
Some essential ingredients for fish feed pellets and their sources include:
• Protein—fish meal, groundnut cake, soy-bean meal, blood meal, palm kernel cake and cotton seed cake.
• Carbon hydrate—soya bean meal, maize and cassava wastes.• Lipids—Palm, groundnut, palm kernel and fish oils.
• Minerals—bone meal and common salt.Floating fish feed pellets making solution in Nigeria
• Collect raw feed stuffs mentioned above
• Weigh the required quantity of various feed ingredients according to the formulation specification.
• Grind ingredients into powdery form with a feed hammer mill• Feed the powdery ingredients into fish feed extruder
• Cool and dry the finished pellets with a cooler and dryer or in the sun, then the pellets can be fed to the fish directly
• (optional)Package dried pellets into bags for storage till it’s neededFish feed machine in Nigeria The best sell fish feed extrusion equipment in Nigeria is LIMA fish feed extruder which not only increases the digestibility of nutrients and improve the palatability of food but also promotes the stability and storability of the formed feed particles. It is the desirable or necessary fish feed machine in Nigeria to produce a floating feed to accommodate the feeding habits of the target species in Nigeria.
Why choose LIMA fish feed extruder in Nigeria?
1. Fish food made by this pellet extruder is of puffing type, more easily to digest for fishes.
2. The fish feed pellet size can be from 0.9-10mm to feed different sizes of fishes.
3. The puffing fish feed pellets can float on the water surface without dissolution for over 12 hours.
4. High temperature and high pressure process can kill the salmonellosis and bacterial infections and also makes the pellets easily to digest.